Monday, November 1, 2010

Rossi satisfied with the podium and now aiming for the final win

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.comThe Fiat Yamaha rider finished second in the bwin Grande Premio de Portugal and is now determined to win his final race with the team at Valencia next weekend.

Valentino Rossi’s ninth podium result of the season in the bwin Grande Premio de Portugal on Sunday gave the Italian great satisfaction, after a step into the unknown in terms of track conditions at Estoril.

After spending the weekend practicing in wet conditions the race was a dry affair, and the switch between set-ups did not hold the 31 year-old back from pushing hard as he finished second behind team-mate Jorge Lorenzo having challenged the Spaniard.

"Like I said yesterday, a wet warm up and a dry race is a difficult one! I am happy about this weekend, we worked really well on the bike on the wet and this morning I was the fastest in the warm up, if it had been a wet race I could have been very competitive,” said Rossi.

“For the dry we started blind so I had to try to take some risks at the beginning because the setting was okay, but it was not enough because when Jorge got into his rhythm he was faster than me, I had no way to fight with him. I tried to stay with him but he was too fast.”

With Casey Stoner crashing out Rossi now sits third in the Championship, 19 points behind Dani Pedrosa with the final round in Valencia next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment